Stop More Buildings From Burning — Your Jack-o-lantern is a Fire Hazard
Fire Safety for Kids and Parents
The Halloween Jack-o-lantern
- Remove flammable items such as newspaper, drapes, toys and hanging artwork from around the of your designated jack-o-lantern location in your home.
- Light-up jack-o-lanterns are a great idea to decorate your home.
- Please keep the candles and other combustible items away from children.
- Do not leave candles unattended.
If you must go from the room or house to the bathroom, blow out the candles and keep your jack-o-lantern in a designated area away from your pets and children.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Don’t leave candles burning when you’re sleeping.